There are restaurants that lead and there are those that follow. Bogotá Latin Bistro was created with the intention of leading the way in what Latin restaurants, food and service should be all about.
During a trip to Bogotá, Colombia in 2002, we had a vision of creating a very different kind of restaurant. A restaurant with a spirit, with enthusiasm and with a dynamic energy that would match that of the cuisine from a country we love so much. Our restaurant would be based on basic core values of success and purpose that would drive our efforts to be something very unique in a field of mediocre Latin restaurants.
What has followed since our beginning has been an exciting and joyous exploration of who we are, what we love and what we envision sharing with the world. Our search for greatness has led us to create a restaurant that is more than just a restaurant but an experience. This search has repeatedly led to new ways of thinking and doing for us…and for the many who are now part of our work force. All of these ideas are not just some exercise in fantasy but tangible and sincere components of who we are and what we are creating.
If we do not live up to our “mission” or, more importantly, to your expectations, we would appreciate hearing of your experience by emailing the founders at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
Bogotá Latin Bistro is a restaurant dedicated to elevating the status of Latin foods, particularly Colombian cuisine, and culture via our food, our music, our service and attention to detail.
“Bogotá Latin Bistro esta dedicado a elevar el nivel y reconocimiento de la cocina y cultura Colombiana y Latina al servir deliciosos platos y bebidas en un ambiente vibrante y acogedor. Nosotros hacemos esto al proveer constantemente a nuestros clientes con un servicio impecable y al demostrar calidez, gracia, eficiencia, conocimiento, profesionalismo e integridad en nuestro trabajo.”
Nos dirgimos en mantener altos estandares y procedimientos operativos enfocandonos en el desarrollo de nosotros mismos, nuestros sistemas y el de los demas como un medio para fortalecer nuestra gente, complacer nuestros clientes y satisfacer nuestra mision.
Our Core Values
- We are leaders in the service and hospitality business and believe in providing legendary service. Our goal is to provide the kind of unique and genuine sort of personal care and attention that inspire our guests to keep coming back.
- We seek continuous improvement. We believe that being good isn’t good enough. We never stop trying to better, no matter how good we believe we’ve become. We constantly strive to “raise the bar” personally and professionally.
- We believe in honesty, trust and integrity. We work to build trust with each other, among those we serve and with the community at large. We recognize that honesty, trust and integrity form the bond that holds organizations and relationships together. We are committed to open and honest communication.
- We believe in the ongoing training and development of our team. We see it as a worthy investment in the future of the restaurant and as a way of enabling our people to achieve their potential in all their endeavors — inside and outside of Bogotá Latin Bistro. We believe in learning from our mistakes and constantly learning and improving.
- We are passionate about winning. We believe our continued success depends on teamwork. We know that great achievements are possible from every individual and we expect nothing less than our personal best in our efforts.
- We believe in doing business in a professional and orderly manner. We take great pride in developing and implementing systems, standardized procedures and being organized.
- We believe in being responsible to ourselves and to others. We do what we say we are going to do when we say we are going to do it. We believe in personal accountability and avoid blaming others when things don’t turn out as planned.
- Hospitality, professionalism, pride, fanatical attention to detail, teamwork and service, respect for diversity and abundance thinking are the core values that guide our efforts.